Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Three More Great Book Finds

These three books have captivated my boys' imaginations.

I wanted to just do a simple post with the images of the books, but I was unable to copy their images from Amazon. Just trust me, they are good:

Peter Spier's Christmas! This is a wordless book. He has captivated the American Christmas with detailed pictures. Each time we look through we notice different views and perspectives. My favorite is of the family bundling up to go to a Christmas Eve Service, and the picture of the pile of trash after opening gifts.

Harry and Horsie
by Katie Van Camp and illustrated by Lincoln Agnew is brilliant for preschool boys. Doesn't the title say it all? Adventures to the moon, searching for Horsie, equipped with Harry's Super Duper Bubble Blooper. Oh, and Harry's dad happens to be Dave Letterman.

Lastly is Whoo! Whoo! Goes the Train by Anne Rockwell and colorization by Banessa van der Baan. My second loves finding the main character on each page. Don't all boys love trains at some point during their development?

2 comments:

Sarah and the Gentlemen said...

I'll have to make a list of your book recommendations and get my boys and myself to the library. Thanks!

Rebekah said...

Oh you are so lucky, pat-pat, I wish I had someone finding all the good ones for me. Wouldn't it be great if you never brought home a bad book from the library again? :)

I just went today and have a full bag to weed through. More recommendations coming. I think this last sack is the last of the holiday finds though.