Thursday, December 10, 2009

I Have a Little Dreidel


I have a little dreidel. I friend made it for me. I always place it somewhere in all my Christmas decor, somewhere near my menorah. Is this clashing and blending of seasonal cheer offensive? Hope not. This year my boys wanted to know what the dreidel was. So, I told them. Then I found a book at the library, and in the back was a song, recipe for potato latkes, and the correct rules for how to play.

So we played! The boys loved it. Now we've played it every night in a row for the last week. We played it with skittles, but in the book it seems we should play with pennies. My oldest thought that was a grand idea since he's saving up for a new transformer toy.

The book is by Maxie Baum and illustrated by Julie Paschkis.

3 comments:

Theresa Angel said...

dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay. Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, Then dreidel I shall play. :D

Janelle said...

We love potato latkes and eat them often. Ironically they seem to go really well with sausage.

Anonymous said...

I love the Dreidel song!!!
what a cuite pic
Christina Morse