Wednesday, March 3, 2010
My husband and I have a tradition of creating spontaneous top ten's to commemorate significant moments.
So, here is his birthday top ten.
Top Ten Reasons I Still Get Excited When You Look At Me
10. You make me laugh! Very few people do this...as you know.
9. You always put me and the boys first, to the point of your own exhaustion.
8. You are even more attractive to me today than that first day I saw you in the George Fox Theatre.
7. You are creative. Some don't know the artist in you, but I do, and I love it. It now expresses itself in soccer and your coaching. You possess a fierce, passionate intensity that drew me to you and continues too.
6. You are up for adventure and new things. We were better at this before kids, but actually kids are a continual changing adventure.
5. You desire to love God and love others with your whole heart, soul, and mind.
4. You are the best example of what it means to be a man to our three boys.
3. You listen. You get me. You know me better than I know myself. Seriously, I know this is a cliche', but it is true.
2. You are content and rest in the places God puts us. You have an eternal perspective. Thank you.
1. You are excited to grow old with me and promise to find me beautiful in all my wrinkles, and I know I will feel the same about you.
I can't believe you are 35. It wasn't supposed to go this fast....weren't we just 21? I know I was. Happy Birthday.