Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Freezing Pirates!



"Shiver me timbers!" the two pirates shouted from atop their ship. OK, so really our play fort. My boys are really getting into imaginative play together, which I hear shows intelligence in problem-solving. (There are plenty of problems to solve!)



Our package came. I love getting packages. There it sits by the backdoor waiting for eager hands and eyes. We were all giddy. I opened it up and announced, "Oh boys, our new stuff for the play fort came!" Luckily it was not raining and was just a chilly, windy fall day. Daddy was home, so it was perfect. They all tromped off to the shop to get the correct tools and then to the fort to rig it up.



We got these products from CNS stores. The boys picked out the telescope and steering wheel. My question was, "Will new play fort items motivate my kids to get out and play even though it is getting colder outside?"



The answer: yes, but not for long. And that is OK. It is easy to get them to go outside now. They are eager to get bundled up. But my boys really do not like being cold, so after about 30 minutes they are ready to come back in. (Compared to summer when they stay outside for most of the day.) I think 30 minutes of outdoor play in November is pretty good. I even think that if and when we get a spontaneous snow day, they'll think the play fort is even cooler with their two new accessories.



I am pleased with the quality and durability of the products, and I thought the pricing was fare. The Scotch in me probably would have made my husband pull a stirring wheel from a junkyard, but I have to admit it is nice to have a new, clean product that will not begin to wear due to the weather.

You'll also notice that the packaging was almost as much fun as the two new toys.




I think these types of play accessories are a great option for Christmas presents, and the best part is that they aren't cluttering our toy room! :)

And that is my very honest product review. (It is a bit of a bummer that the telescope didn't have any type of magnifying in it, but the boys didn't seem to notice.)http://www.swingsetsandmore.com/

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Accessories for a play fort- I mean, pirate ship! Genius! An outdoor fireplace (pirate-proof, of course) would work well for quick warm-ups to extend outside play... could you review one of those? ;)