Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yes, I Get A Spring Break











I know I'm lucky. My husband is a teacher, and so spring break is something to be seized in our house. We are all together, the whole week. One year we decided to not go anywhere and just work on projects around the house: mistake. The week went, the rains poured down in true Oregon fashion and before we knew it we were back to the grind.

So, we always try and go somewhere, even if it is just for a night or two. Last year we went into the city, Portland: rode the Max, went to OMSI, ate at Ikea, visited the zoo, and swam in the hotel pool.

There is something magical and exciting about a hotel and a pool for our boys, the ages they are at.

This break we got away and went to Seaside. I hadn't been there in 10 years. And it was perfect. What a great beach town to take kids to. The bonus is that there is much to do there even if it is raining...which is often the case on the Oregon coast. All the activities are covered. I also love the "party" feel that is there. It almost doesn't seem like it should be in Oregon, but it is.

It was worth the longer drive. Other coast towns, like Newport and Lincoln City take half the travel time. It took us a solid three hours.

(The photo showing the feet was taken by me right before I got sick on the Tilt A Whirl.)

5 comments:

Janna said...

So glad you had fun! Seaside is magical!

Jessica said...

What a great family vacation! Your boys will have great memories. I love the photo of the feet and your "insider's view" on it. :)

Jen Rouse said...

I haven't been to Seaside in ages either. As a matter of fact, I think I've been there once--on my 8th grade school field trip! Now I think we need to take the kids this summer.

Rebekah said...

Yes you do Jen! You guys would love it. The best would be on a sunny, warm summer day. That happened to me 10 years ago, people were swimming and I got hot!

Michelle said...

We love Seaside! Every year, my sisters and I pack up our seven kids and our Mom and hit the road for a long weekend of fun. We look forward to it so much, we start talking about it in December, and we don't leave until May!