Monday, May 17, 2010

It Made Me Cry


Are You My Mother always makes me cry. It made me sad when I was a little girl, and it still does. I get so into it as I read. I feel the panic of the young bird as he races past the junkyard car. There is complete joy and exhaustion when his mommy finally returns with a worm for his hungry belly.

Well,I found another read that effects me the same way: One True Bear by Ted Dewan is another to make the throat get all tight. And this is a good thing. The steadfast spirit of this little teddy bear gets me every time. There are elements of the spirit of the Velveteen Rabbit...only Darcy Brewster, the bear, doesn't find himself being tossed onto a burn pile. I'm glad. I'm not going to give away the ending, but you should seriously consider checking this one out and then buying it for your children for a very sentimental Christmas present.

No comments: