Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Board Books or Bored Books

My youngest is craving, wanting, salivating over books...literally. He's now 15 months and loves reading time with mommy. This means I have to read all those board books again. I have mixed feelings about this. Board books are great because they are short and often rhythmic. But, a lot of times they are a major, monotonous bore.

So, here are my current favorites. (Oh, and anything with a flap to lift is a winner with him right now...regardless of the literary merit.)





3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Noah still loves Sandra Boynton. I could recite most of her books by memory now.

Rachel P. said...

Toadie loves "Bear Snores On" by Karma Wilson. What I love is recently there have been great picture books made into board books so I have no problem giving him a book to read in bed that has great illustrations. Also, he loves books with animals. Nothing like hearing him bark like a dog after the lights are out.

Rebekah said...

Rachel, that is true. I love when they make picture books into board books.